Thursday, July 7, 2011

Braces for Ben

After finding out we do not qualify for Medicaid, DCP (Disabled Children's Program), and that his Social Security Disability payment has been cut off...I decided there is no sense in waiting to schedule appointments that he obviously needs. We will be taking him about an hour away to a place called HANGAR Orthopedics to have him fitted for braces to put on his feet.

He has beautiful, little baby feet but they just happen to bend severely outward so he's not able to bear weight on them right now. We are hoping that with the braces we can start working on standing. I will post more about them once I find out more. At this point I know he needs them to bear weight, but that's about it. I will also be finding out how much we will have to pay out of pocket. The easy part is getting him fitted, the hard part is paying for them...

I'll keep you updated as we go along this next part of our journey! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment